Day 01 LUCKNOW ARRIVAL THEN DRIVES TO NEPALGUNJ
Upon arrival in Lucknow. Please, furnish your arrival details to us in advance, so our representative can show his presence at the airport/railway station accordingly. From Lucknow, we have to make a road journey of presumably 225 km to reach Nepalgunj. The highway is not in better condition, so it may take at least 5 hours to reach there, which is a significantly long duration than you probably have anticipated. After reaching Nepalgunj, we check into hotel, and freshen up. Evening, at leisure on your own or wander around Nepalgunj. - Overnight at Hotel at Nepalganj
Day 02FLY TO SIMIKOT – HILSA-TAKLAKOT
Early morning, at 5.00 a.m., transfer to Nepalgunj airport for your flight to Simikot. The flight between Nepalgunj and Simikot takes about an hour. The air route to Simikot passes over the remote mountain region of Nepal where whether often gets cloudy and notorious. Generally, the weather in the mountain area, in the morning, is calm and clear. This is the reason why we should fly to Simikot early morning. Simikot is situated at an altitude of 2910 m., this is an ideal place to make a night halt for acclimatization motive. Simikot has a STOL airport (Short Take Off and Landing) where only small aircraft can go. The aircraft, we fly from Nepalgunj, can carry only 15 people at a time. We stay overnight in Simikot or Taklakot for acclimatization.
- Overnight Sun valley Resort or Taklakot Himalaya Hotel or
- Nepalgunj to Simikot flight: 1 hour. - Aircraft type: Dronier or Twin otter - Carrying capacity: Only 16 people at a time.
- Elevation of Simikot: 2910 m/9545 fts. - Expected temperature: day time:- 18 to 25 degree Celsius, night time:- 4 to -2 degree Celsius.
- Climatic condition: Generally cloudy & rainy
Connect Helicopter board on the helicopter. The helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa takes about 25 minutes (one way) only. The flight route passes through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys, where weather normally turns windy & cloudy from late morning onward. So, we try to operate more shuttle flights early in the morning and bring all group members to Hilsa. We operate Euro copter (B3) that can carry only 5 persons + 10 kg luggage at a time. Since, helicopter has limited capacity to carry, we request you not to carry any unnecessary stuff. We use two helicopters at a time, so we can airlift our group members to Hilsa as soon as possible. After all group members shifted to Hilsa by helicopter, you will cross the border then drive to Taklakot (Purang). As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members should enter together and exit together. So, until and unless all members do not come to Hilsa, no one can cross the border. The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 45 minutes. The driving distance is about 27 k.m. - Overnight Purang Guesthouse (Old wing) - Simikot to Hilsa: by helicopter - Flight duration: 25 minutes - Carrying capacity: 5 persons + 10 kg baggage each. - Hilsa to Chinese immigration (Sher): only 10 minutes walk. - Sher to Taklakot: 27 km, 45 minutes drive by Bus. - Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m./13202 fts. - Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 28 degree Celsius/night time:- up to -3 degree Celsius. - General climatic condition: mild windy
Day 03 REST IN TAKLA KOT FOR ACCLIMATIZATION
If the group members are properly acclimatized, we can proceed for Manasarovar today itself. - Overnight Himalaya hotel or similar - Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m./13202 fts.
Day 04TAKLAKOT TO LAKE MANSAROVAR
As usual, after having morning meal, we pack our belongings, then board on the vehicle and be ready to move towards Lake manasarovar. Right from the beginning, the highway commences making gradual ascend. The road still keeps ascending up to the High Pass, that lies before Rakshas Lake. The lake 'Rakshas' represents the devil force. This is where Ravana, 'the mighty King of Lanka', had performed a penance to lord Shiva for 5000 years. We will take a brief halt at the shore of Lake Rakshas, soak in views and take pictures; then continue our journey towards Lake Manasarovar. We check in to the Guesthouse of Lake Manasarovar (Chiugompa) then walk to the lakeshore for having sacred dip and performing pooja. After pooja, we will have afternoon meal; board on the vehicle then set off for circumambulation around the lake. The entire circumference of the lake is presumably 82 km, and it demands a minimum two hours to accomplish this part of the journey.
- Overnight guesthouse 5 minutes walking from the lake .
- Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar: 88 km | one & half hour.
- Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. /14,925 fts - Expected temperature: day time: - 22 to 32 degree Celsius; night time: - -3 to -4 degree. - Climatic condition: windy.
Day 05 DRIVE, TARCHEN TO YAMA DWARA- THEN TREK TO DERAPHUK
Today is the highlighted day of our journey. The most exciting part, sacred circumambulation around Kailash, commences today from Yama Dwara. Morning, after breakfast, we depart from lake strand to Yama Dwara (also called 'Tarboche' in Tibetan) that demands approximately one & half hour to reach there. We should make a brief halt in Darchen because some travel documents obtained from local Police and Army officials as well as we have to make group entry in the region. From Darchen, it is another half an hour to reach Yama Dwara. Our Yaks, porters and horses are waiting here for us. Those who are making circumambulation around Kailash on feet can instantly proceed for Deraphuk; rest of members can commence their journey after taking their horse/s and porter/s. The Total walk to Deraphuk is for 4 to 5 hours but the timing depends on your own pace. The route is quite easy, flat but mild ascend. Those Pilgrims not going for KailashParikrama will come and stay back at Base i.e. Darchan (Himalaya Hotel or Similar)
Due to its extreme elevation, we feel tired while walking and need to have break very frequently.
- Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Lake Manasarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km | 1 & half hour drive.
- Yama Dwar- Dirapuk: 10 km | 5 - 6 hour trek.
- Elevation of Dirapuk: 4920 m. /16,138 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:-12 to 18 degree Celsius/night time: -5 to -8 degrees.
- Average climatic conditions: windy and partly cloudy & rainy.
Day 06 DERAPHUK TO ZUTUPHUK
Today you have to cross a significant distance through the rugged portion of the trail around the mount Kailash before reaching Zuthulphuk. You have to commence your journey from Deraphuk very early in the morning. Right from the initial moment, the trail commences leading you rapidly up, however in between it turns into flat with gentle ascend. Up to Dolma-La (5600 m.), the path keeps you taking up & up. Dolma La is the highest bit of this journey. From here onward, the trail leads you all the way down to the valley floor. This particular portion of the trek is a rapid incline and the track is full of boulders and screes, so one should pay continue attention while trekking down. While descending from Dolma La, we will pass alongside a small glacial pool, which is almost frozen during May through September. This is Gaurikund. The legend of this pool is connected with Mata Parvati, the consort of lord Shiva. Once we make descend journey to the valley floor, the trail becomes flat & easy.
The trail is easy and flat up to the Zutulphuk. - Overnight Norpel Guesthouse or Monastery guesthouse (Mud house) | dormitory.
- Dirapuk to Zuthulphuk: 22 km | (8 - 9 hours trek).
- The highest point to cross over: Dolma La pass (5600 m./18,368 fts)
- Elevation of Zuthulphuk: 4820 m./15,810 fts.
- Expected temperature: 14 to 22 degree Celsius/ night time: -3 to -5 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy
** Those Pilgrims not accompanying for the Trek will stay at Hotel in Darchan and enjoy various shades of Kailash with all Meals .
Day 7 TREK THEN DRIVE BACK TO PURANG/ TAKLAKOT
Undoubtedly, today is the most hectic day of your journey. You, yet to go for another 08 km walk to accomplish the circumambulation; then drive all the way to Hilsa. As usual after morning meals, you will pack up your belongings then be ready to move on to Darchen. It requires presumably 3 hours to reach the other end of the trail where our vehicle is waiting to fetch you up. After getting-together of all members, you will board on vehicle and proceed for Taklakot.
- Overnight stay at Taklakot Hotel Himalaya or similar
- Zutulphuk to trek ending point: 08 km | 3 hours.
- Trek ending point to Taklakot: 105 km | 2 hours.
Day 08 TAKLAKOT- HILSA- SIMIKOT – NEPALGANJ – LUCKNOW
It takes 45 minutes to reach Hilsa, where you have to go through the immigration formalities. From Taklakot, a military person will accompany the group to escort towards Hilsa. After having luggage checked and going through some formalities again in the boarder, you will cross over the suspension bridge of Karnali river, then enter into the territory of Nepal then fly to Simikot.Taklakot to Hilsa border: 27 km | 45 minutes. - Hilsa to Simikot flight by Helicopter | 25 minutes.
Fly to Nepalgunj by aircraft then continue drop to Lucknow
- Simikot- Nepalgunj: 45 minutes flight.
- Nepalgunj- Lucknow: 184 km | 5 hours
2020 Fixed Dates – Lucknow / Nepalgunj Arrival Dates for Helicopter
Fixed Dates for Kailash Yatra 2020 by Helicoptoer - Ex-Lucknow
7th May ( Full Moon at Lake Mansarovar)
4th, 8th, 17th, 21st,25th,28th,30th
2nd June (Arrival Lucknow/Nepalgunj)
5th June(Full Moon at Lake Mansarovar)
4th, 7th, 11th, 17th, 19th, 25th
2nd (Arrival Lucknow/Nepalgunj)
5th July (Full Moon at Lake Mansarovar)
4th, 11th, 23rd
30th July (Arrival Lucknow/Nepalgunj)
3rd August (Full Moon at lake masarovar)
9th, 17th, 21st, 25th, 29th
29th august (Arrival Lucknow/Nepalgunj)
2nd (Full Moon at Lake Mansarovar)
Note: Above date is Lucknow / Nepalgunj Arrival date and Full Moon (FM) will be at Lake Mansarovar
Note: Above date is Lucknow / Nepalgunj Arrival date and Full Moon (FM) will be at Lake Mansarovar
Registration Process for KailashMansarovarYatra 2019
1. Fill out Booking form (Click Here) and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Scanned passport copies (Colored copied is required for Non-Indian Passport Holders)/ Pan Card copy
3. Advance payment of INR 20,000 / USD 500 per person
• One night hotel in Nepalgunj on twin sharing with vegetarian meals (twin sharing)
• Necessary arrival / departure transfers in Nepalgunj (very normal vehicle available here)
• Lucknow- Nepalgunj- Lucknow transfers
• Nepalgunj- Simikot- Nepalgunj air ticket (fixed wing- Twin otter aircraft OR Dronier)
• Simikot- Hilsa- Simikot by Helicopter (only 5 or 6 persons 06 kg baggage per passenger)
• Domestic airport taxes (all sectors)
• Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits
• Guesthouse in Tibet
• Indian vegetarian meals during the tour in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
• Transportation in Tibet by Bus
• Tour around Lake Manasarovar on green vehicle (not the vehicle we take from Taklakot)
• English speaking Tibetan guide
• Tour Manager
• Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpa from Nepal)
• All necessary Kitchen & camping equipment
• Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama to carry foods and baggage ONLY
• Oxygen for emergency use
• Medical kit bag / First Aid kit
• Humla region restricted area permit & royalties (US $ 40 per person or equivalent)
• All applicable taxes & service charges
• Riding Horse during the Parikrama
• Your travel insurance
• Insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation (helicopter cost, hospital bill, vehicle bill etc.)
• Personal expenses & bottled drinks
• Tip for guide & driver
• Extra accommodation charge in Nepalgunj, Simikot and Hilsa, if the flight cancelled due to bad weather condition
• Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances
• Porter and Yak/Pony during the Kailash Parikrama